Treat Yourself to a… Homemade Foot Soak!
By Vanessa Beddoe-Sandstrom
After a long, hard day bending down, picking up, mopping up, changing nappies, and generally never sitting down long enough to finish a cup of tea, why don’t you treat yourself to this fantastic foot soak. Seriously, you deserve it!
1 Cup of Epsom Salts (can be found in most supermarkets)
1 Cup of Sea Salt
2 Cups of Baking Soda
Few drops of essential oils (optional). Try putting some peppermint, basil and rosemary essential oils in as well. The peppermint is cooling, the basil is warming and the rosemary is anti-viral/anti-fungal.
Put it in a big jar and shake it up!
1. Boil kettle and prepare yourself a decent cup of tea
2. Find book/magazine/laptop and place in reaching distance of comfy chair
3. Don’t forget your phone and mobile: either turn off or place within reach
4. This foot soak also goes incredibly well with chocolate or other guilt inducing treat. Satisfy both ends!
5. Take 1/4 cup of the mixture… add to a bowl/pot/bucket (anything that will fit your feet and doesn’t leak!) fill it with the hottest water you can stand and proceed to soak your tired, aching feet
6. Hope the kids don’t wake up
7. Breathe and enjoy!
You must be signed in to comment. Sign in or Register