So-Easy Silverbeet Filo Parcels
A delicous way to feed kids vegetables.
This is so simple - don’t let the pastry put you off. A great lunch served with a salad – make a few and throw the leftovers in the kids’ lunchboxes the next day.
Ingredients (makes 8)
2 sheets flaky puff or filo pastry (we use Edmonds, from the supermarket freezer)
5 large leaves of silverbeet (chopped)
100 grams feta
Milk (around ¼ cup)
Handful of basil (optional)
Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 200C degrees (fan bake)
- Remove filo from freezer to defrost
- Pour boiling water over chopped silverbeet in a saucepan and cover for 5 mins or until cooked
- Mix eggs, feta, milk, chopped basil and salt and pepper
- Squeeze water out of silverbeet, add to mixture
- Cut filo into squares (8 in total), and place on baking paper on baking tray. Curve the sides up so the filling doesn’t spill
- Spoon filling into centre of squares and then fold the corners up
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
You must be signed in to comment. Sign in or Register