6 Quick Budgeting Tips for Christmas
Here are some tips from www.familybudgeting.org.nz to get you thinking:
1. Plan ahead. Buy when prices are lowest and items are on special. Don’t leave buying to the last minute.
2. Put aside money for Christmas each payday.
3. Set a budget for gifts and stick to it. Discuss gift buying with family and friends and decide who to give to, and agree maximum amounts. Think up economy gifts to make or buy.
4. Consider second hand gifts, and don’t feel pressured into buying gifts for every single family member and friend.
5. Don’t be tempted to borrow or get into credit deals. Don’t be sucked in by elaborate advertising.
6. Be realistic about food and drinks. Traditional and expensive foods may not be as appreciated as the simple family favourites.
Do you have tips for coping with the cost of Christmas? Share them below.
You must be signed in to comment. Sign in or Register