Cheap thrills...romance on a tight budget
We all love our children, really, we do. But there are no romantic ideas with your partner that involve screaming children! Here are our top five romantic and inexpensive suggestions for a date night to remember.
1. Dessert and a stroll. Have dinner with the kids at home and put them to bed before enjoying dessert at your favourite cafe – not only will you save on an expensive meal, but you’ll be amazed at how much easier it is to enlist the help of a friend/family member to babysit when they know the kids will already be asleep!
2. Star gazing. No babysitter required! All you need is a clear night, some pillows and a blanket for a romantic evening under the stars. Even better with a bottle of wine!
3. Prepare a special dinner at home. Take the kids to a farmers market in the morning and stock up on quality produce so you can cook up a storm once the kids are in bed. Candles compulsory!
4. Wine tasting. Not the cheapest of ideas, but one of the most enjoyable! Grab a selection of similar themed wines (check out the specials or wine clubs), Google a ‘how to’ guide and get tasting (not quaffing!).
5. Play a board game. Switch off the TV and wireless and get competitive! Make sure you’ve got plenty of snacks on hand and dig out the Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit. Great conversation and lots of laughs are guaranteed.
Remember: there’s nothing more romantic than taking the time to remember all of the things you loved about each other in the first place.
You must be signed in to comment. Sign in or Register